As Candidapatient you must always try to cover your nutrient needs through your eat. You must eat a balanced, nutritious diet within the limits of the Candidadiet to meet your nutrient needs. The Candidadiet fortunately contains some of the healthiest and most nutritious foods available. Food is the main factor of them all, that determines your health as Candidapatient and thus your ability to achieve a strong immune system. In this context, it is crucial that you eat the foods with the highest nutrient content. Nutrients are for instance proteins, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, fibers, antioxidants and phytochemicals. The ALLOWED foods in the Candidadiet will greatly help boosting your immune system and thus help you in your fight against systemic Candida. The most nutritious foods in relation to their calorie content are in order of priority:
1) Leaf greens (including chervil, spinach, kale, romaine lettuce, head lettuce, chinese cabbage, dill and parsley, etc) contribute with large amounts of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, antioxidants and fibers
2) Other vegetables and fresh fruits (broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, leeks, etc) contribute with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, carbohydrates (especially fibers).
3) Legumes (beans, lentils and peas) - contribute with B vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates (starch and fiber)
4) Wholegrain cereals (wild rice, amaranth, whole grains, etc) contribute with B vitamins, zinc, iron, magnesium and carbs (starch and fibers)
5) Nuts and seeds (such as almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds) helps especially with vitamin E, selenium, fatty acids and fibers
6) Fish and seafood (cod, salmon, shrimp, etc.), especially vitamin D, minerals (including iodine), proteins and fatty acids
7) Meats (especially organmeat like liver and hearts are nutrient-rich), contributes especially with B-vitamins, iron, zinc, protein and fat
8) Dairy products (cream, A38, kefir), contributes with B vitamins, calcium, easily digestible proteins and fat
The order of priorities above applies to food in general. Fortunately, most of the highly nutritious foods above are part of the Candidadiet as ALLOWED foods. The Candidadiet is one of the healthiest and most immunestimulating diets that exist. The Candidadiet is an exclusion of all products that weakens your immune system such as added sugar, alcohol, food that is synthetic and processed, allergenic foods, unhealthy fats and too many calories. If you follow the Candidadiet carefully, you do everything you can to boost your immune system. We have in our netshop a fine selection of some of the healthiest foods, that will support you in your fight against Candida. Many of the foods are special foods that are mainly found in organic food markets and health food stores. We have for instance some alternatives to coffee and black tea. Coffee and black tea are rich in caffeine and og caffeine is one of the major causes of adrenal fatigue and therefore immune system weakness. Its not easy to quit coffee, so take a few weeks to wean yourself off. Start by cutting out your afternoon coffee, then gradually reduce the weakness of your morning cup too. You can try our chicory coffee as an alternative - it tastes similar, contains prebiotics to promote the rebalancing of your gut flora, and stimulates the production of healthy digestive enzymes. In addition we have a fine selection of delicious and healthy herbal teas in our netshop.